Aims & Values
Sheen Mount School aims for excellence. We promote this through an enriched curriculum and by supporting all children to fulfil their potential.
Staff and governors have agreed the following aims:
- To provide excellent teaching from confident, motivated and committed staff
- To value children, supporting them to become happy, confident, self motivated and organised
- To enable children to achieve their full potential through engaging with a broad, balanced and challenging curriculum
- To enable children to demonstrate their understanding of cultural diversity
- To provide an inclusive school which enables children to demonstrate an understanding and respect for the needs of others and of the environment
- To provide a physical environment that is conducive to achieving excellence supported by resources of the highest quality
- To have a positive and strong partnership between school, home and the wider community
Sheen Mount ‘Living Values’
The ethos, at the heart of our school, is one of 'Living Values' [PSHE Association]. These values permeate everything we do and are based around three core principles.
- Health & Wellbeing
- Living in a Wider World
Within these themes our 'Living Values' are:
PSHE lessons and assemblies reflect the half-termly themes and children are encouraged to exemplify these values in their everyday lives, both in and out of school. The values are reflected in the school's Equality Objectives, which you can access here: Equality Objectives. The values are illustrated, for the children, in our ‘Living Values’ Tree, below.