The Year 6 children have been learning how to be safe cyclists through the Bikeability scheme.
Throughout the week, they have learned key skills to make them safer road users, including all of the following:
- Start and stop with more confidence
- Pass stationary vehicles parked on a road
- Understand the road: signals, signs and road markings
- Negotiate the road: including quiet junctions, crossroads and roundabouts
- Share the road with other vehicles
As well as improving their cycling skills, they have had lots of fun!